Tuesday, January 3, 2012

giving thanks

i think i should note today how thankful i am.
i am blessed with many.

among them a special someone who has always been by my side.
who survived my eccentricities with great patience
who choose to love me though it was not necessary
who made valiant effort to cope with my erratic temperament
i made it sound so difficult, i know.

she let her feelings grew on me
i noticed to my benefit
she let me into her most hidden and vulnerable depth
i barged in with no ounce of compassion
she may not share the same excitement and optimism
nevertheless she tries to make my day.

i find that sweet.
and to have her near
to be able to hold her
in my arms.
we have shared so much.
she stood by me all these years
even when she did not have to.

and she has received fair amount of hurting by the things i said
whenever we argued
which can be pretty terrible and harsh,
i know i gained nothing by hurting her
i kiss her every night telling her that.

i realised how magnificent it is
my life now. truly blessed with her here.
in it.

sometimes i wish i could tell her
but i figured she already knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment