Wednesday, September 14, 2011

winning move

but i'd rather see the sunrise in your eyes.

i made a pretty simple remarks. she snapped into a full swing volcano eruption. it was nasty and there was no escaping it. she raged about so many things making the argument logical and almost impossible for me to retaliate. and for that few hours, it actually went on for days, i had to endure the torment of her anger.

i didnt really hear words that she said.
all i captured was that she was hurt.
and she was shutting me away.

that hurts me the most.

of course. i can justify and reason my remarks pretty well. but i do not think it has much to do with that simple sentence. it has been something that bottled up inside her and finally she chose to put the bullet straight into my heart. without giving me any opportunity to defend myself. i could have won the argument. it seemed weak to me i could simply return the favour by proving to her that her claims are without basis and wrongly directed.

i waited for her to cool down. it took some time for her to regain her composure. i analysed the argument back and forth preparing my viewpoints and how i could reflect all her mistakes. i waited till the time is right.

the time came.
i apologised instead. for hurting her.
and that i didnt realise how it had happened.
i capped with how much she meant to me.

i couldnt bring myself to argue.
i couldnt bring myself to win. or to make it even.
it was simply not worth it.

the apology paid off.
she softened.
oh well. things you do for love.

No comments:

Post a Comment